Why You Should Eat A Healthy Breakfast
As they say, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
So it should not be missed.
People are so busy that they neglect eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is important, but not just to intake food. You need to eat the right type of breakfast to provide your body with the energy it needs to function all day.
The average person who eats breakfast regularly consumes fast food items or processed food for breakfast because it is quick. Unfortunately, these foods increase your risk for:
- Heart attacks
- Heart failure
- Diabetes (type2)
- & other unhealthy outcomes
Try your best to prepare a nutritious breakfast that can be good for your heart. There are several ways to eat a healthy meal on the go. For example try preparing a breakfast with whole grain, vegetables, fruits and healthy proteins before you go to sleep the night before. If you prepare at night, then you can grab and go in the morning.
Another thing you should do for breakfast is consume a supplement for complete nutrition. You won’t always get everything your body needs in a meal. Breakfast is a good time to take a daily multi or heart healthy supplement to kick start your day.
Pay your attention for the following diet tips
- Try to avoid food items with trans-fat, such as bacon and sausages. Bacon and sausages can be replaced with heart friendly dishes such as Canadian bacon and the ham, which is lean.
- Try eating fresh fruits and whole grains for breakfast (Drinking a glass of fresh fruit juice can be a good start)
- Do not use or reduce white toast bread (whole grain bread is better)
- The saturated fats in butter or cheese can be replaced with low –fat cottage cheese or jam.
- Enjoy low fat or fat free yogurt. Adding granola or fresh fruit to your yogurt can really enhance the flavors.
- Try whole grain cereals and low or nonfat milk.
- In the preparation of eggs or omelets try to remove the yolk or the yellow part. It is better to have 2 egg whites per serving than 1 egg with the yolk.
- You can enjoy an English muffin, which is made of whole –grain with peanut butter.
Preparing a healthy breakfast will be somewhat difficult to prepare at the start, but after a few weeks it will become easier to eat the healthy food and prepare.