Paleo Pizza Recipe
Forget the flour and try pizza made with almond meal crust. This crust is delicious and you can top it with just about anything. Imagine the crust used like a cracker and topped with sliced turkey and fresh tomatoes or maybe with cucumbers, chicken, and sun dried tomatoes… The posbilities are endless, or maybe I’m just hungry, but either way here is a great recipe from Everyday Paleo.
2 cups almond meal
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
1 cup organic marinara sauce from Trader Joe’s
1 lb Italian pork sausage nitrate free
2 crook neck yellow summer squash diced
3 green onions chopped
Handful of torn basil leaves
2 small tomatoes diced
1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced
Handful of sliced black olives
- Preheat your oven to 350. Using a spoon mix all crust ingredients together until it becomes very thick.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a ball. Lightly grease a pizza pan or a cookie sheet with olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the center of your cookie sheet or pizza pan and using your hands, push and pat the dough down into the shape of a circle (or an oval in my case…). You want to make the dough as thin as possible. Your pizza will be about 12 inches across.
- Bake JUST the crust in your pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While your crust is cooking, prepare your toppings. If you use sausage, crumble it into a large saute pan and brown.
- After the crust if done, remove from the oven and evenly spread the marinara sauce over the crust.
- Add the sausage and all remaining toppings evenly over the sauce and bake again for an additional 25-30 minutes.
Get creative and use whatever toppings you might like – this is great but try using chicken, artichoke hearts, and even broccoli! Go wild with it and as always: Enjoy!