Is Chocolate Good For You? Why?
Chocolate is definitely one of the most popular treats in the world. People of every age love chocolate, but especially kids. Many adults limit their consumption due to perceived health risk and the memory of our childhood chocolate overdoses. Like most foods that are consumed in excess, there are side effects to eating too much chocolate. Children may become hyper, unsettled and even feel sick from chocolate. Adults experience the same symptoms, but also complain about feeling nauseous or experiencing headaches due to the sugar overload. These symptoms give people the notion that chocolate is completely bad for you. Whereas in reality some chocolate is bad and some is good. Chocolate can have some health benefits if consumed in moderation. Chocolate that contains sugar and other additives is not real healthy, but dark chocolate has a nutritional value that is worth indulging in.
The dark chocolates have antioxidants which make it beneficial. These antioxidants can neutralize the destructive molecules in the body. Free molecules can damage the cells and create heart related diseases and other type of ailments. The antioxidants in the chocolates can swallow those free radicals.
Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate
- Prevention and cure of heart related diseases. The flavonoid in chocolates can remove the free radicals. These radicals are extremely dangerous to the cells. The flavonoids act as an antioxidant. This substance can lower the risk of LDL cholesterol level by more than 10%.
- Chocolate releases stress and improve mood. Dark chocolates can be very useful in making a person happy and relaxed. It stimulates the production of certain chemicals that can create the feelings of pleasure. It also contains serotonin, which can perform as an agent of anti-depression.
- Helps maintain good skin care. Dark chocolates can help your body absorb the harmful UV rays of the sunlight. The components in the dark chocolate improve the blood circulation hydration as well as the complexion
- Improves the memory and cognitive skills. As the chocolates enhance the efficiency of the blood circulatory system, the brain can perform better. The memory and critical thinking can be improved by eating dark chocolates.
- Controls the blood sugar level. By eating dark chocolate the blood vessels are kept in the best condition and help to maintain the efficiency of insulin in the body.
- Offers a higher amount of vitamins and minerals. There are several essential components in the dark chocolate that are nutritious, including: iron, magnesium, copper and potassium.
Dark chocolate can be very beneficial to the human body, but it should be consumed in moderation. Dark chocolate contains a lot of calories and is usually supplemented with additional ingredients that are unhealthy.