How To Detox Your Body
Detoxification is the process of the removal of toxins. Detoxification has many interpretations, but can be understood as the process of removing and destroying toxins inside the body. This can be achieved by employing following methods: resting, cleaning and nourishing the body.
The human body has to fight with a large number of toxins. Some of them come from the outside environment and others are created within our body.
The toxins that come from the outside get into our body from breathing, eating and drinking. Toxins also get inside us through our skin.
There are also a large numbers of self-generated toxins as the results of metabolic reactions in the body. Regardless of where they come from, both types of toxins should be removed from the body in order to experience optimal health. The liver, kidney, intestines and the skin are vitally important for the process of removing toxins, but their service is not adequate to get rid of all the toxins in the body. Therefore, special detoxification programs should be practiced. Especially if you are experiencing one of the following symptoms:
- Allergies to certain materials
- Inexplicable feeling of fatigue.
- The skin has become irritated
- Sudden infection of several less harmful diseases.
- The feeling of puffy eye or bags under the eyes
- Bloating vision
- Problems in the menstrual process.
- Mental confusion and depression.
How to select a method?
Before getting into the process of detoxification, it is better to minimize the toxin level as much as possible. Follow these three simple steps to get started:
- Stop consuming food items, which create toxins such as coffee, refined sugar and saturated fats.
- The use of chemical based household products such as cleansers, shampoo, toothpaste cosmetics must be minimized.
- Control the stress. Yoga and meditation can be of much help in reducing stress.
Now, we are ready to ante up and start the detox. Some popular ways to get rid of the toxins, include:
- Consuming detoxifying fresh fruits that are grown by employing natural organic farming methods. There are plenty fruits and vegetables to select such as radishes, cabbage, seaweed and many others with lots of fiber.
- Take a plant derived mineral supplement to help your body absorb the nutrients in food.
- For the cleansing and the protection of the liver consume certain herbs such as dandelion roots, milk thistle and burdock. Green tea is very helpful as well.
- Consume food items with a good amount of vitamin c. Vitamin C helps to remove toxins.
- Drink a lot of water (2 liters per day). This is probably the most beneficial piece of advice. Water will help flush your system of toxins.
- Perform breathing exercises, to provide a good supply of oxygen into your system.
- Take part in stress removing activities and also by improving positive thinking.
- Hydrotherapy is very practicable. Take a very hot shower about 5 minutes, while allowing hot water to flow down your back. Then take a 30 second cold shower. This process should be repeated 3 times. Once you are finished, rest for 30 minutes in the bed.
- Wear a sauna suit when jogging or simply remove toxins through the skin by sweating in a sauna.
- Take a colon cleansing supplement and eat foods high in fiber to maintain good colon health and detoxify your body.
- There are special types of brushes, which are made with natural fibers and they can be used to dry-brush the skin. This may be helpful in the process of your detox.
- Exercise will really help the detoxification process, so do not neglect to take part in some type of physical exercise.