10 Healthy Summer Snacks
Summer brings fresh vegetables and fruits into the market and it taste so much better to eat healthy. Even though you can buy imported fruits and vegetables in the winter, there is nothing like going down to the farmers market and picking out some fresh vegetables for a nice summers snack. Watermelons, strawberries, peaches blueberries and tomatoes are ideal healthy snacks during the summer and you can eat them by themselves, but sometimes you may want to mix it up. These snack recipes are fun and delicious. So pull up your sleeves and throw one of these together. You will be surprised how easy these recipes are to make for a healthy snack. In fact, some of these recipes are practically self-explanatory. It’s about time for a healthy snack.
1. Salad sticks (Recipes for 12 skewers)
- Packet of fresh white whole mushrooms (1 kg)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 12 skewers
- Clean mushroom caps with wet paper towel and remove the stems
- Cut onion into 8 parts (equal)
- Cut and clean the bell pepper into ½ inches size
- Then peel zucchini and cut into ½ inches size.
- Next place all the ingredients onto the skewers
- Finally, heat the grill and let it cook 5 minutes in medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Cucumber with Orange Water
- 1 fresh orange
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- 6 cups of water
- Take the orange and cut into halves, and slice into half circles
- Then thinly slice the cucumber.
- Add both into a pitcher, then pour 6 cups of water
- Chill and drink before two days
3. Bacon with Cantaloupe Bites
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1/4 of cantaloupe
- Cook bacon Using a pan or microwave
- Cut the cooked bacon and cantaloupe Take the toothpick and penetrate bacon and cantaloupe.
- Done! It is that easy.
(Lean ham can be an alternative to the bacon)
4. Fresh Watermelon, Feta Salad
- 2 cups of watermelon (sliced)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill (optional)
- Take a small bowl and mix Watermelon, feta and dill.
- Eat as soon as possible.
5. Caprese Salad with Tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh tomato
- 1 ounce of fresh mozzarella
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Tomatoes should be sliced into thin
- Slice the mozzarella also into thin slices
- Then alternate tomato, basil and mozzarella onto a plate
- Use olive oil to drizzle and season it with salt and some pepper
6. Chile Lime Corn Recipe
- 4 ears corn
- 1 lime ( medium)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of grounded chili powder
- Place a large pot to boil
- Then shuck the corn and add it to the boiling water
- Put into a plate the line into 4 parts and mix it with chili powder in a separate bowl.
- Squeeze the lime to the cooked corn with other mixture and enjoy the snack.
7. Banana Split Makeover with Strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 banana
- 8 tablespoons of sweetened whipped cream
- Slice the fruits
- Put it in a small bowl, and then top it with cream
(you can add additional fruit according to your taste)
8. Green Smoothie of mixed berries
- 1 cup of fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup of kale
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of water
- 5 ice cubes
- Tear kale leaves into small parts
- Crush the ice in a blender
- Then put berries, banana, kale and water to the blender and blend
9. Grilled Dessert Recipe (for 7 sticks)
- One 20-ounce can of Pineapple Chunks (with Pineapple Juice)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 lemon
- 7 skewers
- First drain the pineapple and slice the bananas (both are the same size)
- Fix the pieces onto the skewers on a plate
- Sprinkle lemon juice onto the sticks and store in a refrigerator
- Next, Grill at medium heat while turning over every 2-3 minutes
- Let it slightly charred
- Finally dust with powdered cinnamon
10. Snap Peas and Warm Goat Cheese
- 10 snap peas
- 1 ounce of goat cheese
- First melt the cheese in a microwave about 10 seconds
- Dip peas in goat cheese one by one and taste.
These are all very simple recipes that make delicious and healthy snacks, so have all of the ingredients ready and then when you hear your stomach start to growl, throw one of these recipes together and then let us know what you think.